Saturday, August 21 | 8:30 to 10:30 am / Georgetown Lutheran Church
Agenda (with flexibility)
Welcome and Introductions, Recognition of New Members & Volunteers
Approval of 2020 Annual Meeting Minutes
- Polk County Updates / 5 min
- Georgetown Updates / 5 min
3. Dam: 5 min
4. Lake Management Plan (LMP): 5 min
5. Healthy Lakes Program (Shoreline restoration + more): (Lauritsen) / 5 min
6. Aquatic Invasive Species (AIS) / Clean Boats, Clean Waters: (Lauritsen) / 5 min
7. Aquatic Plant Management (APM) Harvesting Report: (Maxwell) / 20 min
- VOTE: Approval of 2022 Annual Budget / 5 min
Proposed BLPRD 2022 Annual Budget
Aquatic Plant Mgmt $2,500
WI Lakes Partnership Convention $1,500
Dues $ 475
Harvesting weeds $8,500
Lake Mgmt Plan $5,700
Dam Mgmt & Maintenance $5,700
TOTAL = $31,200
2. VOTE: Commissioner Elections** / 15 mins
Note: 3-year term for Shelley Rodriguez is expiring. She is not running again. Nominations must be submitted to a Board Member by 5pm, August 19, 2021.
3. VOTE: Approval of Resolution 21-HR001 Replacement of Harvester
Discussion: Funding for Replacement of Harvester
4. VOTE: Approval of Resolution 21-HG002 Harvester Grant
5. VOTE: Consideration of Borrowing Funds*** for Replacing Harvester Resolution 21-HF003
August 21, 2021 (11am) BLPRD Board Meeting to follow Annual Meeting
May 20, 2022 Spring Meeting, 8:30 am–11:00 am (3rd Saturday in May)
August 19, 2022 Annual Meeting, 8:00 am–11:00 am (3rd Saturday in August)
Monday, July 4, 2022 Boat Parade, 4:00 pm
* Voting Details: Qualified voters are 18 years of age or older, either reside in the District or own property within. Ownership of more than one parcel within BLPR District does not entitle the owner to more than one vote. Trust properties may cast one vote via your official trust representative.
**Regarding elections: As a lake district we are required to hold an annual meeting with election of commissioners. First, we are required to follow Chapter 33, Sec 33.30(5) that prohibits absentee ballots and proxy votes, ballots can be distributed only to qualified voters in attendance at the meeting, no ballots can be handed out once the voting starts; second, counting ballots is required immediately and the results announced during the meeting.
***Pursuant to WI § 33.31 Power to finance:
(3) The district shall levy an annual, irreparable tax to pay the principal and interest of the indebtedness incurred under subs. (1) and (2) when they are due. The district shall levy this tax without limitation as to rate or amount on all taxable property within the district. The tax shall be reported in accordance with s. 33.30 (4)(a) and may not be included nor includable in the operations tax limit of s. 33.30 (4) (a).
Meeting Minutes from the 2020 Annual Meeting can be found here >>
Healthy Lakes Conservation Projects Tour coming!
Saturday, August 28 | 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
One of the highlights of this summer is a tour of the conservation projects members have been doing to improve water quality on our lake! Projects include shoreline restorations with native plantings, rain gardens, and water diversions. This will be a self-guided tour as an “open house” format. There will be 5 properties on display. Learn more about the Healthy Lakes Program here at https://healthylakeswi.com/. Family and friends are welcome!
Grant Applications Due
November 1 & February 1
Calendar questions? Email Peggy or call her at or 612-940-2006.